Beginning Term 3 2013, I will be offering an Ancient Australia professional development session to schools in and around Melbourne.
Understanding Ancient Australia is a comprehensive PD seminar that has been tailored specifically for secondary history and humanities teachers. It uses Australian archaeology to address the key concepts and critical inquiry questions for the Year 7 Ancient World depth study area Ancient Australia.
The session will cover:
- Clarification of important historical and archaeological terms of reference
- Definition of Ancient Australia
- Examination of critical points in the Ancient Australia timeline
- Discussion of significant ancient Indigenous archaeological sites
- Ideas on how to approach the topic Ancient Australia in the classroom
The session will also answer some important Ancient Australia questions, such as:
- What is Ancient Australia?
- Why did people come to Australia?
- When and where did they arrive?
- How has the continent changed over time?
- What effect did fluctuating sea levels and climate changes have on Australia’s first inhabitants?
- How does archaeology help us understand the history of Ancient Australia?
If you would like to book an in-school PD session, please fill out the form below.